Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Burgess Shale

We have started the book called Wonderful Life by Stephen Jay Gould.  The book first introduces its audience to a place called the Burgess Shale.  Below, I have put the links to websites about the Burgess Shale.  I have also put a picture of the Burgess Shale on Google Maps along with a description of what is in the picture.





The Burgess Shale:

In this picture, I have located where the Burgess Shale Geoscience Foundation is- it is a house and writing in green towards the bottom of the screen.  I have also put a mark on Emerald Lake (where I would probably go if I went to the Burgess Shale)- it is a boat and writing in blue towards the top of the screen.  I created a path from one to the other- the path is bright yellow.  I also put a shaded area at the end of the path to show where I would imagine a boating dock to be/ where I would love to dock while doing water spots- it is a purple shaded region.

No comments:

Post a Comment